Visual Effects Designer / Director
Mat Irvine worked for the BBC as a Visual Effects Designer and Director for approaching three decades, and his best known for his work on Doctor Who. He was part of the FX team on the very first story that introduced K-9, 'The Invisible Enemy' and later modified the prop for 'Warriors Gate', 'K-9 and Company', and, in more recent years, 'School Reunion' and 'The Sarah-Jane Adventures'. Other FX Designer credits include dramas, 'Blake's 7', the multi-award winning, 'Edge of Darkness' and 'The Singing Detective'; comedy sitcoms such as 'Are You being Served', 'Rentaghost', and the kids SF series 'Space Vets' and science series ,'Tomorrow's World', 'Horizon/Nova' and 'The Sky at Night'. He co-devised television's 'Robot Wars', directed an episode of 'Future Fantastic' and won an RTS Award for the educational series 'Techno'. He even operated K-9 for the original British version of 'Queer as Folk'!
Convention Guest Appearances
- Destination Star Trek Birmingham 2018 - October 19-21, 2018 in Birmingham, UK
- WonderFest 2018 - June 2-3, 2018 in Louisville, KY, USA
- Film & Comic Con Exeter 2017 - October 14-15, 2017 in Exeter, UK
- Gallifrey One 2017 - February 17-19, 2017 in Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Chicago TARDIS 2014 - November 28-30, 2014 in Lombard, IL, USA