Chloe Bennet grew up on the south side of Chicago, her father a first generation Chinese-American and her mother Caucasian. Bennet's family consists of six brothers -- three siblings are biological and three siblings are adopted (African-American and Mexican, respectively). Additionally -- and to this day -- in any given year you may find foster and/or foreign exchange students living the Bennet home; their story is a real-life multicultural Cosby show.
Bennet was educated in the Montessori system, where she developed a love of performing and singing. At the age of 12, she joined the Second City Youth Ensemble, where she studied acting and improv. At 15 she was discovered by a music manager who immediately signed her and arranged for her to move to China, where she lived with her paternal grandmother and began intensive Mandarin studies in Shanghai. During this time, she began making regular trips to Sweden to record with some of the same songwriters and producers behind Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Celine Dion, Jennifer Lopez and Madonna, among others.
Bennet recorded and released her first single/video in China for her song, "Uh Oh." The song and the video were shot in English and Mandarin and went on to become hugely popular in China. Based on the success of her "Uh Oh" video, she was invited to perform at the Zebra Music Festival, a three-day charity event to benefit victims of the 2008 Sichuan earthquake. With over 30,000 people in attendance, the event was broadcast to more than 100 million homes in China. It was Bennet's first live performance, and she emerged as one of the most impressive acts on the bill. Her performance led to other opportunities: She has been featured in print advertising and on billboards throughout China, and was sponsored in China by Nike, Ports 1961 and Umbro. She has also been featured in fashion and lifestyle articles in Chinese Vogue, Elle, In Style, Cosmopolitan, China Daily and numerous other Chinese publications.
In the summer of 2010, Bennet landed her first role as a co-host on the TeenNick television show, "The Nightlife." She recently guest starred on ABC's "Nashville."
Convention Guest Appearances
- Stan Lee's Los Angeles Comic Con 2017 - October 27-29, 2017 in Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Walker Stalker / Heroes & Villains Fan Fest Chicago 2017 - March 25-26, 2017 in Rosemont, IL, USA
- Heroes & Villains Fan Fest San Jose 2016 - August 27-28, 2016 in San Jose, CA, USA
- Red Deer Comic & Entertainment Expo 2016 - June 11-12, 2016 in Red Deer, AB
- Fan Expo Dallas 2016 - June 3-5, 2016 in Dallas, TX, USA
- Wizard World Comic Con Des Moines 2016 - May 13-15, 2016 in Des Moines, IA, USA
- Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo 2016 - March 18-20, 2016 in Chicago, IL, USA
- Wizard World Comic Con Cleveland 2016 - February 26-28, 2016 in Cleveland, OH, USA
- Comicpalooza 2015 - May 22-25, 2015 in Houston, TX, USA
- Emerald City Comicon 2015 - March 27-29, 2015 in Seattle, WA, USA