Boston, MA, USA
Ryuu Lavitz is a twenty-one year old, video-game loving, anime nerd from Massachusetts. With only a year under her belt, she has already created costumes for InuYasha from (InuYasha), Pikachu & Raichu from (Pokemon), Lara Croft from (Tomb Raider Reborn), Rikku from (Final Fantasy X-2), Trainer Misty & Trainer Touko from (Pokemon), Harley Quinn from (Batman), Lust from (Full Metal Alchemist), Black Cat from (Spiderman), a Female version of Link from (The Legend of Zelda), a portrayal of Red Riding Hood, and Black Canary. She's known mostly for her Pikachu, Harley Quinn and Rikku Cosplays. She spends most of her time creating cosplay outfits, when she's not at her full time job. Her favorite games include Starcraft, Mortal Kombat 9, Left 4 Dead 2, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy Tactics (among other FF games), Okage, Dark Cloud and many more from the Original and Super Nintendo.
Ryuu focuses on creating her costumes from materials that most people could find and afford, unlike materials as expensive as Worbla. Her reasoning for this is to show that any one can cosplay, no matter the budget, and have a good time doing it. Cosplaying is not a profession, but a hobby for her. She sells prints on the side of her regular job to help support her creations.
Convention Guest Appearances
- Central Canada Comic Con 2016 - October 28-30, 2016 in Winnipeg, MB
- XPO Game Festival 2016 - September 23-25, 2016 in Tulsa, OK, USA
- A-Kon 2016 - June 3-5, 2016 in Dallas, TX, USA
- Portland Comic Expo 2015 - October 25, 2015 in Portland, ME, USA
- Tokyo in Tulsa 2015 - July 17-19, 2015 in Tulsa, OK, USA
- Omni Expo 2014 - May 23-25, 2014 in Orlando, FL, USA