Japanese designer Naoto Hirooka's gothic and lolita fashion line h. NAOTO has accumulated positive reviews and praise from both Japanese and Western markets. After receiving inspiration from collaborations with charismatic visual-kei artists, h.NAOTO started the "h.ism" project in the mid 2000s based on the theme of fashion and music co-existing in one entity.
In 2007, the success of h.ism lead to a collaboration with the young fashion design duo IBI and MINT and "Sixh." was born. Also in 2007, Sixh. expanded from a fashion brand into a band with the same name. IBI sings vocals with MINT on the bass, joined by guitarist NARI.
The fashion line Sixh. unites visual-kei artistry with the imagery of popular host and hostess clubs. A new theme, ghost-kei, was created by combining the words "gothic" and "host" into "ghost". MINT launched the line with the New Japan Mode Collection featuring its relaxed character, "MINT Neko", and Sixh. flourished from there. Sixh.'s unique musical presentation crosses the Western standard of "rock" with the fashions of ghost-kei.
Without a doubt, Sixh.'s cool, carefree ideas are not restricted by ordinary rules of fashion or society. h. NAOTO's fashion line and band Sixh. are constantly adapting and merging with ever-evolving Japanese counterculture. At its heart, Sixh. is the sixth sense beyond the five!
Convention Guest Appearances
- Anime Central 2014 - May 16-18, 2014 in Rosemont, IL, USA
- AM2 2012 - June 15-17, 2012 in Anaheim, CA, USA
- Otakon 2011 - July 29-31, 2011 in Baltimore, MD, USA
- AM2 2011 - July 1-3, 2011 in Anaheim, CA, USA
- AnimeNEXT 2011 - June 10-12, 2011 in Somerset, NJ, USA
- Anime Central 2011 - May 20-22, 2011 in Rosemont, IL, USA
- Sakura-Con 2011 - April 22-24, 2011 in Seattle, WA, USA