Video Game Orchestra
Boston, MA, USA
Video Game Orchestra is a Boston based orchestra that performs contemporary arrangements of video game music with an orchestra, choir, and a rock band.
Focusing on showcasing interactive media compositions, VGO is dedicated to provide access and raise awareness of orchestral video game-related compositions. Comprised of a 45-piece symphony, a 40- piece choir, and a 5-piece rock band, the regional and international award-winning musicians come from over 20 countries. This multi- cultural diversity background contributes to the unique sonic signature of VGO.
In May 2008, VGO was created by Shota Nakama while he was a student at Berklee College of Music in Boston. The orchestra back then was much smaller, and the first concert in July was held at a small chapel with only 200 people in the audience. The major break through was at the Berklee Performance Center concert in March 2009. That was the biggest and the first student produced concert to completely sell out 1,215 seats in the history of Berklee Performance Center.
Following the success, VGO Chamber Group had a guest appearance at Anime Boston in May 2009 giving an incredible, high-energy performance. VGO enjoyed another successful concert at Berklee Performance Center in December 2009, which was broadcasted live on Berklee Internet Radio Station. This server-breaking concert won VGO an acclaim for our outstanding performance and contribution to the video game industry.
Convention Guest Appearances
- PAX East 2019 - March 28-31, 2019 in Boston, MA, USA
- MAGFest 2013 - January 3-6, 2013 in National Harbor, MD, USA
- Anime USA 2012 - November 9-11, 2012 in Washington, DC, USA
- Anime Central 2012 - April 27-29, 2012 in Rosemont, IL, USA
- PAX East 2012 - April 6-8, 2012 in Boston, MA, USA
- PAX East 2011 - March 11-13, 2011 in Boston, MA, USA
- Anime Boston 2010 - April 2-4, 2010 in Boston, MA, USA