Artist / DJ
Born in Osaka, 1967, Takuya had ambitions to become an artist and was always consumed by drawings. After graduating high school and working as a store clerk, in 1986 he started working as a DJ, and worked on many genres. The mixed genre theme carried on to his work, creating the Takuya Angel of today.
Taking Kimonos into the 21st century and beyond, Takuya Angel consists of a riot of colors, patterns and shapes. From PVC to antique kimonos as materials, fluorescent and monochromatic colors take inspiration from the environment, angels, childhood and current anime, historical outfits of Japan to create the wild and stylish look of Takuya Angel.
Convention Guest Appearances
- Nekocon 2011 - November 4-6, 2011 in Hampton, VA, USA
- Anime USA 2010 - November 12-14, 2010 in Arlington, VA, USA
- Anime North 2010 - May 28-30, 2010 in Toronto, ON
- DotCon 2009 - November 13-14, 2009 in Mississauga, ON
- Pacific Media Expo 2009 - November 6-8, 2009 in Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Anime Matsuri 2009 - April 10-12, 2009 in The Woodlands, TX, USA