Author / Publisher
Mayfair Games / Bill Fawcett & Associates
Chicago, IL, USA
See also: Mayfair Games
William Fawcett's varied career includes college professor and dean, teacher, corporate executive, writer, editor, anthologist, and game designer.
Bill's writing includes over one dozen books of both fiction and non-fiction. He is also a master "packager" of books, preparing book series from concept stage to completion for major publishers.
He co-created the classic military SF series "The Fleet" with David Drake.
As a founder of Mayfair Games, he won several of that industry's highest honors, the Charles Roberts Award. Perhaps the best-known of his game designs is Empire Builder. He has also worked on RPG modules and supplements and computer strategy and role-playing games.
Bill has edited several history anthologies, such as How To Lose A Battle: a modern look at how bad generals lose battles, How To Lose a War, It Looked Good on Paper, Engineering disasters through history, and Oval Office Oddities.
He lives in Chicago with his wife, Jody Lynn Nye.
Convention Guest Appearances
- Dragon Con 2018 - August 30 - September 3, 2018 in Atlanta, GA, USA
- Ad Astra 2018 - July 13-15, 2018 in Richmond Hill, ON 2017
- Dragon Con 2017 - September 1-4, 2017 in Atlanta, GA, USA 2016
- Windycon 2016 - November 11-13, 2016 in Lombard, IL, USA
- New York Comic Con 2016 - October 6-9, 2016 in New York, NY, USA
- Dragon Con 2016 - September 2-5, 2016 in Atlanta, GA, USA
- A-Kon 2016 - June 3-5, 2016 in Dallas, TX, USA 2015
- Dragon Con 2015 - September 4-7, 2015 in Atlanta, GA, USA 2014
- LI-Con 2014 - March 29-30, 2014 in Rockville Centre, NY, USA 2013
- Dragon Con 2013 - August 30 - September 2, 2013 in Atlanta, GA, USA 2012
- Dragon*Con 2012 - August 31 - September 3, 2012 in Atlanta, GA, USA 2011
- Dragon*Con 2011 - September 2-5, 2011 in Atlanta, GA, USA 2010
- Dragon*Con 2010 - September 3-6, 2010 in Atlanta, GA, USA
- I-Con 2010 - March 26-28, 2010 in Stony Brook, NY, USA 2009
- A-Kon 2009 - May 29-31, 2009 in Dallas, TX, USA 2008
- Dragon*Con 2008 - August 29 - September 1, 2008 in Atlanta, GA, USA
- A-Kon 2008 - May 30 - June 1, 2008 in Dallas, TX, USA